Thursday, March 15, 2007

Davidson vs. Maryland thoughts


Davidson's going to need to keep knockinng down outside shots and not get outphysicaled by a tough Maryland, and yes, I know outphysicaled is not a word, but I call it like I see it. The game started with Ebekwe taking it right at the rim to start the game 2-0. Curry missed his first couple for Davidson... he better heat up fast. There he goes -- Curry from deep, 8-4 Wildcats. I'm loving DJ Strawberry's leadership. He's constantly talking to teammates and he's on the refs but in a respectful way. One of the Canadaniens just knocked down back-to-back 3's... I love it. 17-17 tie right now. McKillop waits until the last second to make subs, a move that makes sure Williams can't respond... the little things baby... love it! Back and forth game, just what I expected. Davidson's not afraid of the Turtle. Davidson just ran off a 10-0 run, highlited by a Curry 3 and a mean reverse dunk that puts the 'Cats up 35-27. Now it's the Terps turn. Maryland makes an 8-0 run... MIKE JONES... two bombs ties the game 35-35. Curry just made a beautiful pull up 3 on a the break. I'm about to cheer on press row...41-39 'Cats. Parrish Brown makes the final basket of the half, a fitting 3 that makes the score 44-43 at the half. This is a great game!

-Terry Brooks

No comments: