Thursday, April 03, 2008

Interviewing Bishop Jugis

I interviewed Bishop Jugis today. I met him a few years ago, when I first started here in Charlotte. My assignment at the time was to get a comment from him and I had no idea what he looked like. My photographer and I were in a church parking lot and I was scouring the area until I saw him get out of his car. I approached him, unsure if it was him, but asked anyway. He confirmed who he was and knew who I was, as he had been watching News 14 Carolina all morning! From that initial meeting, he always remembered my name. A soft spoken man, full of faith, he is always willing to give an interview and he is very approachable. I've interiewed him several times, on several topics. Today he shared thoughts with me about the Holy Father. He met him twice in 2005 and said he had "great spiritual depth". He also reminded me about what a historic trip this is. Pope Benedict XVI will be celebrating his 81st birthday while in the U.S. and also the 3rd anniversary of his election to the Pontificate. He told me how grateful he is that the Pope chose this special time to share with American Catholics. Please check out the story online and feel free to send your thoughts, comments and reflections.

No comments: