Thursday, April 17, 2008

Day 3 - The White House

Yesterday was a crazy day! We began early, departing for the White House at 7:15am. When we got there, we waited...and waited...for nearly 2 hours! We went through security and walked to the press briefing room, which was a lot smaller than I thought. I saw Matt Lauer (NBC) hauling some chairs. I saw Tim Russert (NBC) talking to a Bishop and Chris Cuomo (ABC) filling a backpack. We also met a priest from Spain who was traveling with one of the international stations. He said he was tired of being asked the same question focusing on the sex abuse scandal within the church. Once on the South Lawn, I was completely in awe of the beauty. My photographer was on a riser and I was in a pit with journalists from around the world. One European journalist observing the seating arrangements said, "Only in America would you seat Cardinals with members of other religions." Seeing the President, Pope and First Lady was amazing...a moment I will remember for the rest of my life.

No comments: