Friday, March 10, 2006

Kenneth's 2nd blog from Greensboro

The ACC tournament has been a blast to watch and cover. I’ve done some fun stories and for the first time gotten to see what craziness goes on behind the scenes. As a matter of fact, one of my stories had to do with behind the scenes. Right now I’m surrounded by a lot of media in a workroom and this is just TV. There’s also a room for newspaper, internet, and radio media. One of the neatest things, I’m from South Carolina. And the sportscasters I watched growing up in the Upstate of SC, well I’ve gotten to meet those people. It makes them feel old but they are legends in the business. The tournament is a busy place. I can’t go anywhere without my media pass and almost 700 journalists are here all trying to cover the tournament. This morning was a tough morning because after working all day yesterday doing two stories, I had to get up at like 5 a.m. for a 6 a.m liveshot. It was hard to be perky but story I did was fun one so it wasn’t that hard. My photographer and I then went back to the hotel and back to sleep for about three hours. Then it was back to the coliseum where we worked on two more stories. If you haven’t gotten the point yet, it’s busy here. But I have gotten to meet a lot of cool fans who are really spirited and are having a good time rooting for their teams even if they’ve already lost. Stay tuned and keep watching!

No comments: