Thursday, March 09, 2006

Early in Greensboro

News 14 Carolina Reporter Kenneth Moton
It’s my first blog entry!! My photographer and I got here pretty early in Greensboro to cover the NC State basketball team practice and the fans who came to see them. There’s a lot going on here and it looks like the first day of the tournament is an exciting one. Yesterday was pretty fun. The ACC tournament is really nice to the media. But as I think about every sporting event I’ve been too, it’s the same everywhere. There’s food, food, and more food the tournament throws in the media’s face. If it wasn’t for the food, we would probably notice the rules and restrictions a little more. The ACC has a tight leash on media as far as what you can and cannot get video of while games are going on. There is also a sign up list to get onto the court that has to be pre-approved. So for instance if I wanted to physically take a camera and sit on the side of the court and video of the NC State game Friday, I have to first sign up on a list which will then be posted before the game. But I’m only allowed one half at a time. It’s a tough process but I think it’s that way because there are so many news stations here covering the tournament. So the media work room is insane. There are tape decks, cords, and all types of sound boards all over the place. I don’t know what half of the stuff is for because that might be a little technical for me but there is most definitely a lot of it. I can’t imagine how it’s going to be when every media outlet is going to be here covering the games. Well that’s enough for this entry. Stay tuned for the next one and keep watching News14 Carolina!

No comments: