Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Traveling around DC

Just a quick note before all the March Madness begins:
City blocks in Washington DC are much bigger than the ones in New York City. I tried walking from the media hotel to the Verizon Center this afternoon when I got in. It's about 8 blocks on the map, which I thought would take me about 10 minutes. But, it definitely took longer than that. I'm hoping they have some sort of media shuttle because lugging all that camera gear up and down the Metro won't be fun. And, I don't plan on trying to walk it either.

Media have already started to arrive because I'm seeing camera crews going up and down the elevators with me. Plus, there are a few live trucks set up outside the Verizon Center already. All the fun starts tomorrow morning when we file in to get our credentials and figure out how to operate for the next few days.

I'm also keeping my eyes peeled for any Duke fans walking around the city. I haven't seen anyone wearing the sweatshirts or caps yet, but I'm sure they'll be out in full force tomorrow.

More to come...

No comments: